- Verve Energy
- Our Company
- Electricity Market
- Energy Security
- Working With Us
- What We Do
- Sustainable Energy
- Student Corner
Verve Energy is committed to protecting your privacy as an individual.
Verve Energy has systems and procedures to protect your privacy whenever we collect, use, store or disclose your personal information. Security measurements are in place to prevent unauthorised access to website sections where required. To this end, regular tests are carried out to ensure that the Verve Energy website can withstand potential breaches of security.
A "cookie" is a packet of information that allows the Verve Energy server (the computer that stores our website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer.
When you access our website, we send your computer a cookie that gives you a unique identification number. Note that the cookie sent to you from Verve Energy will reside on your computer for one year.
Cookies do not identify you personally or individually.
Cookies also enable us to keep track of which pages are most and least frequently visited by our customers. This information helps us to update our website and ensure it best meets our customer's needs.
Your Internet browser can be set up to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your Internet browser's help screens for more information.
Information logged on our website
When you visit the Verve Energy website, our server logs the following information for statistical and administration purposes.
- Browser type and operating system of your computer;
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Your top-level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- The address of any referring website;
- Your computer's IP (Internet Protocol) address; and
- Links to other sites
Our site contains hyperlinks to other websites. Although we are careful to review these sites before providing a hyperlink, Verve Energy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
We collect and store the words and phrases entered into our site's search engine so that we know what information people are looking for. This enables us to improve our site to make sure it provides the information you need. Please note that these search words are not associated with personal information of any kind.
Our policy covers the collection, storage, use, disclosure and security of your personal details. It explains how and when we collect personal information, what that information is used for, who uses it and when it may be disclosed to other parties. Most importantly it explains how you can access your details and control your own personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information includes information, such as your name, address, and phone number or e-mail address, which can be used to identify who you are.
How we collect your personal information
Verve Energy aims to collect information directly from you wherever possible. This information is usually collected over the phone, when you fill out an application form or contract, when you contact us through our website or when you deal with us in person
Any information we directly collect or receive from an external agency is necessary and considered normal business practice, so that we can continue to provide you with our energy products and services. Sensitive information (for example an individual's membership with a professional or trade association) will only be collected if required and only when the individual has consented to providing that information.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information:
- To build a relationship with you;
- For internal accounting and administration;
- For our regulatory reporting and compliance;
- For legal requirements; and
- In order to communicate effectively with you, as a normal part of our business, we will provide information about Verve Energy and any related company's services.
Who uses your personal information?
Only a select number of Verve Energy staff has authority to access your information, and only then to enable them to perform their jobs:
- On a confidential basis, for the purposes of Verve Energy business;
- Where the law requires Verve Energy to do so;
- If you consent; and
- To keep your personal information correct and up-to-date.
- To provide you with the best possible service it is important that we maintain accurate, up-to-date information for you. Verve Energy will endeavour to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is correct, complete and up-to-date. To fulfil this commitment, Verve Energy also provides you with the capacity to correct or change the personal information we store for you.
You can contact us:
By mail: GPO Box F366, Perth, Western Australia 6841
In person: 15-17 William Street, Perth, Western Australia
By telephone: (08) 9424 1888
By fax: (08) 9424 1899
How can you access your personal information at Verve Energy?
You are entitled at any time to request details and a copy of your personal information held by us by contacting us in writing at the address below. To protect your privacy, Verve Energy will require proof of identity before actioning your request.
GPO Box F366, Perth, Western Australia 6841
Verve Energy will respond to any such request as soon as reasonably possible and in any event will acknowledge the request within five working days from receipt. Verve Energy may charge for the reasonable costs it incurs in providing the copy information.